The process server can also be started as a service, i.e. without a user logging in.
The registration options as command line parameters:
- /regserver -> COM registration
- /install -> register as a service
- /unregserver -> Deregistration of COM and service registration
When the process server is started as a service, it has no user interface. The database is specified via the administrative console or manually registered in Windows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IT GmbH\Elvis\ElvisSvr\Database = Database path
If the process server is to be started automatically as a service (service configuration: startup type = automatic), the driver for the Wibu key must also be started in time.
Here’s how to start the Wibu Key driver at boot time:
- Open Wibu-Key’s Test and Settings: > Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > WIBU-KEY
- Go to the Installation page.
- Disable WIBUKEY.SYS 5.20.
- Activate WIBUKEY.SYS 5.20.
- Select the core driver installation: Boot mode (automatic).