The process server can also be started as a service, i.e. without a user logging in.
When the process server is started as a service, it has no user interface. The database is specified via the Elvis administration console: (WinXP Prof.) Start » Programs » Elvis » Administration, then the following screen opens: under Server, right-click on “Server Properties”.
Check the box next to Load database and search for the path of the database.
If the process server is to be started automatically as a service (service configuration: startup type = automatic), the driver for the Wibu key must also be started in time (under WinXP this happens automatically). Here’s how to start the Wibu Key driver at boot time:
- Open Wibu-Key’s Test and Settings: > Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > WIBU-KEY
- Go to the Installation page.
- Disable WIBUKEY.SYS 3.10.
- Activate WIBUKEY.SYS 3.10.
- Select the core driver installation: Boot mode (automatic)