At the end of an Elvis project, you sometimes want to clean up the list of data points by identifying and removing unused data points. The macro described here should help with this.
This macro checks for all data points of the project whether they are used in:
- control elements on operator station sides,
- Calculations and global script
- Time programs
The macro cannot detect the following usages:
- other external use (ElvisWeb, ElvisMce, Elvis OPC Server, Cascaded Elvis Server)
- Use in server or operator station scripts with “dynamic data point naming”, e.g. in Database.Datapoint(“DP” & i)
- Use in the event processing of the operator station
All data points that are not used (according to the macro) are displayed in a list.
Download unused_datapoints.zip (6 KB)