On this page you will find a list of annotated Internet links to information, resources and tools that might be useful for an Elvis visualization.
We assume no responsibility for the content of the linked pages. Please also make sure that you only use copyrighted material in a legally permissible manner!
- How do you create “Vista”-like buttons with Gimp? Gimp Tutorials
- Clker is a collection of free and public domain clipart.
- At deviantART , anyone can set their artistic graphics or design elements.
- Bittbox is a site where you can find many different design elements such as special effect frames or modern button areas; there are also a whole range of freebies.
- At netdenizen.com you can find a free generator for “glass” buttons; Enter the size, color, etc. and you can download the result.
- Free symbols are also available at Function Web Design.
- In the case of Colourlovers , you will mainly find colour creations (“palettes”) that harmonise well with each other, as well as (less interesting for visualisations) individual colours and patterns.
- Microsoft Office users can find many graphics from all areas through the Office Clipart Library.
Many ActiveX controls can be downloaded from Download.com . Note that some ActiveX controls were created only for certain host programs (such as Internet Explorer) and may not work in Elvis.
- The top dog here is, of course, Adobe Photoshop.
- Gimp is a pixel graphics program that may not quite come close to Photoshop in terms of functionality, but it is free and easy to use after a little getting used to. Of particular interest for visualizations are the functions for color gradients and transparency. For use in Elvis, we recommend PNG export.
- Inkscape , on the other hand, is a vector graphics program that generates SVG files by default. For use in Elvis, we recommend using the SVG files directly for background images, and PNG exporting for state button icons.
- For 3D background graphics you can use Google Sketchup . The free version is sufficient to export the graphics e.g. as PNG files (2D projection) and integrate them into Elvis.