If you select several devices in the tree structure, only the address and the name of the device are displayed in the list of communication objects in the “Parent” column. For easier identification, the display of the device description may also be desired. This article describes how to insert an additional Device Description column.
In order to be able to carry out the following procedure, the advanced workspace settings must first be unlocked. To do this, download and unzip this file and import the .reg file into the Windows registry (“Merge” from the context menu).
- Select a device in the tree.
- In the context menu of the column headings on the right-hand side, select “Columns…”
- Click on “Advanced…”
- Create a new column with “New” and enter:
– for “Heading”: e.g. “Device”
– for “Content”: “$(Parent.Description)” (without the quotation marks)
- Move the column to a suitable position with “Move Up”.
- Confirm twice with OK.
If you also want to see the device comment in the object list in the “Group addresses” view, proceed there in the same way. However, you must specify “$(Parent.Parent.Description)” as the content.