The ETS4 setup creates an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. This article describes how to remove it completely. This is useful, for example, to prepare for a new installation of SQL Server.
This is how you can uninstall the KNX4 instance:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 component, and then click Change/Remove. This starts the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- Setup support rules are executed to verify the computer configuration. Click OK to continue.
- Select the KNXETS4 instance of SQL Server from the drop-down box on the instance page, click Next to continue.
- On the Select Features page, specify the features (select all) that you want to remove from the specified instance of SQL Server. Click Next to continue.
- Removal rules are executed to verify that the operation can be completed successfully.
- On the Can Uninstall Now page, review the list of components and features that you want to uninstall.
- The Setup Status page displays the installation status.
- On the Completing Setup page, click Close to exit the installation wizard.
- Optional: Select the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client component, and then click Change/Remove.
- Optional: Delete the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.KNXETS4 directory.